Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Published poet. well kind of

Well a while back ago my english teacher, Mrs. McHenry told us that there was a poetry contest coming up and we had to write two poems for it in order to get credit in her class. So being the not so good poet I am, I asked Melissa to help me out with it. Well about a week and a half ago Mrs. Mchenry announced the winners. There were alot of them, and I was one of them. Well I guess I should say Melissa's poem is published with my name on it. Thanks SOOOOOOOOO much Melissa!!!!! I owe you big time for this one!! So I decided to put it on the blog so everone could read it. Once again thank you so much for helping me!!

Thoughts of Thanksgiving


When I think of Thanksgiving
I think of many different things.
I think of football, cool nights,
And colors that fall brings.
I imagine the Pilgrims and Indians
That gathered together for peace
It must have been a beautiful moment
An instant when troubles did cease.
Did they feel as blessed as I do,
When my family gathers near?
I’m filled with peace and gladness
To celebrate with those who are dear.
For my family means the most to me
I think of them often each day.
And enjoy this time
To spend to visit, laugh, and play.
Of all the memories I have
Thanksgiving is some of the best.
All the memories to be made,Thanksgiving may out shadow the rest.

Thanks Melissa!!!

No comments: