Monday, February 25, 2008

RYLA!!!

About three weeks ago dad (Kevin) called me (Neal) and asked me if I remembered when Jeanette went to RYLA (Routary youth leadership awards) and I was a little hesitant to say yes or no so I just decided to say yeah and well i got sinned up. All the time I was kind of dreading and thinking that it is gonna be so boring and just sit there and do nothing. Well the time came and Thursday (February 21st) at around 3:45 a lady named Rhonda Bradshaw picked me up and another girl from here (Savannah Beard) and drove down to Las Vegas. After some trouble finding the house that I was suppose to stay at we finally got there and so was the family that Savannah stayed with was there too. After talking for a little that family left and left one kid there that was a "senior counselor" and me. So the family I stayed with made home made pizza and it was YUMMY!!! The kid name Isiris and I realized that we had so much in common. We realized that both of play football and run track and his sophomore year he dislocated his collar bone just like I did my freshman year, but he is a year older than me so it was the same year, And talking till about 10:30 we decidided to go to bed since we had to be up at 3:00 in the morning. After getting some sleep and getting up at 3:00 the guy that we stayed with drove us to the bus and got loaded on and headed off about 4:15 with a bunch of other Las Vegas kids.. After traveling 5 and a half hours finally got to the camp. It was a little rainy that day off and on and as we got our stuff off the bus and loaded into u-hauls which drove our lugage to our dorms. After loading it up they told everyone to go to the gym and find out city and continent, they seperated every one into groups of 8-10 and named that group a city from around the world, I ended up getting into the group called Hong Kong. And continent by continent they sent us to lunch after getting to know each other and that is when it all started.
The weather was wacky but kind of nice. When we got there it rained a little there a little here and off and on all day but drissled most the day. The next day it was sunny all day long and just a wonderful day. Then we woke up on sunday and down pouring all day. Good thing we didn't stay another day or else we would have gotten snowed in. So thank goodness for some good timing. Well if you want to look at some pictures you can go to www.district5300ryla.org and look at pictures. Also if you want to know more about the camp and what we did you can call and I will let you know.
Love you all,
Neal

No comments: